IBLCE®, or the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® , is the independent international certification body conferring the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® (IBCLC®) Credential.
ILCA®, or the International Lactation Consultant Association®, is the independent professional association for health care professionals who care for breastfeeding families.
Facilities interested in obtaining the IBCLC Care Award may apply as a Hospital or a Community-Based Agency. This is the Community-Based Agency application, which is hosted by ILCA. IBLCE hosts the Hospital-based application HERE.
Please carefully review the Community Application Checklist and Frequently Asked Questions: IBCLC Care Award prior to beginning the online application.
Each Community-based facility must:
- have one or more dedicated lactation consultant support positions with IBCLC as the required credential;
- have a dedicated lactation program available at least 2 days per week;
- provide a description of how the agency promotes, protects, and supports breastfeeding;
- have a lactation-specific project started between January 2018 and January 2020 that promotes, protects and supports breastfeeding and the IBCLC credential; and
- provide documentation which includes a description of a project started between January 2018 and January 2020 that promotes, protects, and supports breastfeeding and/or the IBCLC credential.
- Documentation includes a description, goals, outcomes, and evidence (brochures, newsletters, flyers, etc.).
- PROJECT EXAMPLES:
- establishment of a lactation consultant service;
- setting up a lactation consultant warm line;
- establishment of a breastfeeding support group; and/or
- establishment of inpatient skin-to-skin care.
ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR INITIAL SUBMISSION.
- You cannot save your application and return later. If you do not complete the required form with payment, your application will be considered incomplete and ineligible for review.
- All submissions must be made in English.
- A payment of US$50.00 by credit card or check is required to process the application. To pay by credit card, proceed with this form. To pay by check, print this form and mail it, along with your payment of US$50.00, to the below address. Entries must be postmarked by 14 February 2020. Fax submissions will not be accepted.
- All information collected will be used by ILCA Staff and volunteers to evaluate applications and contact applicants for decision notification.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
- Upon receipt of the award, Community Centers are listed in the IBCLC Care Directory for two (2) years. Facilities must reapply before their expiration year to continue being listed in the directory.